Final Cut Express Clicking/Metronome???

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by nomad2010, Aug 28, 2009.

1. nomad2010 macrumors newbie

So lately when i import an mp3 into fce and place it to play in a video i hear this small clicking sound, it's not lot but it's distracting. even when i export it it is still there. has anyone else had this problem? is it a metronome maybe? or an error when i installed it? any ideas?

2. spinnerlys Guest

spinnerlys

MP3 is a compressed format.
    FCE would like the audio to be uncompressed, so it's better to convert the MP3 to a .wav or .aif file first and then import and use it in FCE.

The metronome sound FCE makes is a sign that it needs to render the audio, but you have to do it via Menu > Sequence > Render.

3. nomad2010 thread starter macrumors newbie

no no, this isn't a "beep" sound like when something needs rendered it's more along the lines of someone tapping a fingernail on woods, soft but clear and definitely distracting...

4. spinnerlys Guest

spinnerlys

Have you at least tried it then with an uncompressed audio file to see if the sound disappears?

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=700016

5. nomad2010 thread starter macrumors newbie

yes, actually i tried it last night and sure enough it was gone! it's so odd that it only started a while ago though. i've had the program for over a year now. either way thank you so much! i appreciate it.