Final Cut Express: Font Backgrounds?

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by Mystikal, May 22, 2010.

1. Mystikal macrumors 68020

Mystikal

Im trying to change the color background of a title. Right now its black background and white text. I did some googling but couldnt find any help so far. How can I change the black background to a different color?

2. huntercr macrumors 65816

What version of FCE are you using?

Are you using LiveType or an FCE text generator?

If you're using a generator, which text generator are you using?

3. PRvideoGuy macrumors newbie

PRvideoGuy

Final Cut Express FCE different colored background

In FCE 4.0.1, in the Browser window, select the Effects tab > Video Generators > Matte > Color. Double click 'Color'.

In the Viewer window, select the Controls tab, click the swatch (the square color box), and the color wheel comes up. There are also sliders for the hue, saturation, and black level if you're old school.

Then, in the Viewer window, select the Video tab. Click anywhere on the color you chose, and drag to the time line.

If you put the color on track V1, place your Text track above it in V2. The black from the text track will be replaced by the color track you chose. The text and colored background being stacked as 2 tracks are called "nested" / a "nest" / "nested tracks".

Good luck! :)

4. Mystikal thread starter macrumors 68020

Mystikal

That seems like it will help :).

Dont know and dont know :(. What I was doing was clicking that box, then going to text then text again.