Final Cut Express HD 3.5.1 video capture problems

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by shdwops, Sep 2, 2010.

1. shdwops macrumors newbie

Im trying to Capture videos from a sony dvd camcorder. im using a canopus advanced DV converter (ADVC-110 is the model #). quicktime version 10.0 is installed on this computer.
    iMac 6.1 using OS X 10.6.2
    so this is what happens. i will attempt to capture a video from the camcorder to final cut express hd and during the capture, the video will momentarily freeze on the computer, however the playback on the camcorder continues. the result is that the video freezes while the audio continues to capture (and during playback as well). any ideas on what the problem could be?
    i dont use this computer for any software/music downloading or anything like that so viruses are pretty much out of the question. if theres any other information you may need let me know.

2. delkangol macrumors newbie

lol typical

Hey another fellow fce user here annoyed with its preformance...I'm constantly uploading vids from my sony fx1 professional hd camcorder and the same crap happens... its soooooo frustrating.. i havent pin pointed the problem yet but i am working on it... the only advice that i can give you unfortunatly is what i do in this situation..... every 5 to 10 min stop the capture either on youre camera or through youre mac, re-name ur capture title eg. tape1-tape1a-tape1b....lol its brutal but it works.. ps save up for final cut pro.. lol express sucks ass.:mad: