Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

scaredpoet

macrumors 604
Original poster
Apr 6, 2007
Hopefully someone here can help me out with this...

I have a MacBook Pro 15.4" running Tiger and Final Cut Express HD 3.5.1. I recorded about an hour of video in HDV 1080i format, using a Sony HVR-A1U camera. And now I want to capture that video in Final Cut Express.

The problem is, every time I have the camera's firewire port set to export 1080i HDV, Final Cut Express doesn't recognize that the camera is plugged in. As a result, I can't capture any video.

However, if I go into the camera's settings and tell it to downconvert to a standard DV signal, everything is fine and I can import the video... but only in standard definition. Thus kinda negating any benefit in recording HDV video.

The specs at Apple's site state that HDV should work, but it's not. Is there something I'm doing wrong? Maybe Final Cut Express doesn't recognize my particular camera?

If any can offer some help, I'd greatly appreciate it. Thanks!

scaredpoet

macrumors 604
Original poster
Apr 6, 2007
Nevermind....

Sorry folks, I figured it out. Gotta use the "Easy Setup" feature. Sometimes you just have to RTFM. :p

Freddytoman

macrumors newbie
May 10, 2009
I need Help with this

I have the same issue and I already tried the easy setup and it tells me that the camera is not connect or the setup is not right. Can you please tell me what setup did you use in order to make this work? Thanks

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.