Final Cut Express HELP!

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by Spencer Reynen, Apr 3, 2011.

1. Spencer Reynen macrumors member

I recently got Final Cut Express 4, and for some reason, on the canvas, it says "Unrendered." Do I have to render each of my clips to see it on the canvas? I about ready just to go back to iMovie. FCE4 is really hard to use IMO, I just got it is maybe the reason. Help would be greatly appreciated! thanks!

2. simsaladimbamba

Are the clips using the same settings (codec, frame rate, resolution) as the sequence? You can use the clip browser and its columns to compare them.
    Btw, the manual of FCE is quite extensive and can help you.
    And then there is MRoogle, to search MR Forums for many threads discussing the same issue you have.

3. Soura2112 macrumors 6502

Depends

A lot depends on the files, like mentioned above. I have had to keep rendering with certain files but not on my miniDV videos from consumer cameras.
    Yes it can be a pain depending on what your doing, though I prefer FCE and FCP even for simple editing over iMovie. So it's comes down to how much time you have, and if FCE is better for what your doing.
    When I got stuck in FC I would go to my local bookstore and read a few pages on certain topics. Cheaper then buying another book, plus you may get your answer faster then online. Though I always checked online first, then went to the bookstore, sadly bookstores seem to be going away so you may want to find a store before there gone.
    I'm not a fan of the manuals why I suggest books at a Boarders or Barnes, much easier reads IMO.