Final Cut Express- HELP!

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by DomLange, Oct 27, 2008.

1. DomLange macrumors newbie

Alright, i just got FCE 4 and realized I can't view my movie until i render it EVERY time i make a change, may sound like a bit of a silly question but is there a way to get around this?

:) cheers

2. huntercr macrumors 65816

I'm just guessing here, but are you trying to open up mpeg movies or avi's or something?

3. arjen92 macrumors 65816

arjen92

yup,

there is. You must set your sequence in the right format. For example, if your sequence is set to proresH22 and your movie files are mpeg2 or whatever (PAL or NTSC etc.) then you need to render everytime. So you can convert all your mpeg2 to proresH22 with something like mediamanager (right click, then what sounds like it) or you can set your sequence to proresH22 (what I do).
    But if it's ok, it should ask you the first time you put files in your timeline if you want to set your sequence to that format. (at least it does in final cut pro). I actually always do it like that, I take the file I'm going to use the most (in my case the imported video files in proresH22) and fcp asks me than if I want to use that format in my sequence and I say yes, and next I delete the scene and import my titles (which is a different format), which I got to render, but the rest of the film is "native" for fcp. Hope you understand.

Excuses for my poor english (I AM a foreigner :p).

4. arjen92 macrumors 65816

arjen92

Oh,

btw on the left of your timeline (I'm used to fcp, but I expect it is also in fce) you can set how you want your renders, if they are not there (I don't have the program in front of me) you should try your settings and look for render, then you can put those lower (if you want), when you playback, the quality is ******, but no worry, the end product perfect, it's only for render for playback.