Final Cut Express HELP

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by WeeklyChris, Jul 30, 2010.

1. WeeklyChris macrumors newbie

Hey, I just bought final cut express about a week ago, and haven't used it yet.. There's a youtuber: http://youtube.com/puttherecordon/ Who does INSANE editing . He uses Sony Vegas. Is it possible to do this kinda thing in Final Cut Express ? Also, in Final cut you have to Render EVERYTIME you import or change something.. It's VERY annoying.. It takes me hours trying to edit something.. Is there anyway to fix that ? Do you have to render with sony vegas? Thanks

~Chris

2. spinnerlys Guest

spinnerlys

Those effects have to be added in a compositing software like After Effects or Motion.

The rendering has to do with you using videos with formats and codecs FCE does not natively support and don't match your sequence settings.
    You have to transcode the videos to .mov files (QuickTime) using the Apple Intermediate Codec for video and Uncompressed for audio.

TRANSCODE TO: .mov, Apple Intermediate Codec (AIC) for video, Uncompressed for audio

Btw, FCE comes with a manual, take a look or several into it to learn what formats it accepts. Page 10799 ff could be a start.

3. WeeklyChris thread starter macrumors newbie

Alright thanks, But why do you have to render filter effects ?? Final Cut doesn't support it's own effects ? And where do i find the Intermediate Codec ? To change the video formats ? MUCH apologies im a noob at this.

4. spinnerlys Guest

spinnerlys

If the video you imported does not comply with the formats it supports natively (DV and Apple Intermediate Codec), it has to render every change you make, including effects.

As I don't know what formats you have, I suggest using MPEG Streamclip to Export to QuickTime (CMD+E) and using the aforementioned settings.

Also MRoogle (my sig) will reveal several dozens of similar threads (how to get video into FCE, why do I have to render, ...).