Final Cut Express Lost Audio

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by NOLA Longboards, Mar 10, 2009.

1. NOLA Longboards macrumors newbie

Hello

I'm using Final Cut Express HD. I seem to have turned off the audio in some of my clips and am unable to figure out how to turn them back on.

[​IMG]
    If anyone could tell me what I did I'd appreciate it.

Thanks in advance,
    Daniel

2. spinnerlys Guest

spinnerlys

Display the waveform of the audio tracks to see if they even have audio.

[​IMG]

And is the audio off track-wide or just one audio track with several clips and some of them have no sound? Do they belong to the video or are they independent from them?

Are the clips playable when you open them in the bin, or even if you double click them in the timeline and they will be editable in the left viewer?

PS: Did you maybe adjust the levels (volume) via keyframes, so that they are now silent?

3. NOLA Longboards thread starter macrumors newbie

the tracks are 2 groups of clips that belong to corresponding video clips. They have visible waveforms. They are grey rather than the light green. Muting the whole track via the button on the left turns them all the same color.

I'm guessing I muted them individually but I can't seem to find this feature anywere:confused:

When I play the clips in the editor they have sound but not the canvas.

4. spinnerlys Guest

spinnerlys

Maybe you should try the same thread in the Digital Video subforum, as there are many users who are quite fluent in FC.

5. Imagetree macrumors newbie

Same Audio Problem with clips

My problem sounds like NOLA's in FCE. I must have made a wrong setting somewhere. When I check video clip properties it shows audio as part of the clip. When I put the clip into Viewer, audio is present. When I drag the clip to the timeline there is no audio.

I can drag audio clips like music and narrator sounds to the timeline fine. But no clip audio.

Is there a setting somewhere that I've turned on or off my accident (accident being a euphemism for doing something stupid)