Final Cut Express/Macbook problem

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by afropete14, Jun 10, 2007.

1. afropete14 macrumors newbie

My brother has loaded Final Cut Express onto his Macbook. Soundtrack and LiveType work fine but when he tries to go into the main Final Cut Express thing it gives him a error message something along the lines of "This software requires certain hardware requirements: AGP(I think those are the letters) video card."

Isn't it possible to run Final Cut on a Macbook?

Any idea on what is wrong?

Thank you. :)

2. djstarrock macrumors 6502a

djstarrock

He's probably got an older version like 3.0 or lower say that error even if you do get to run it, it will run dog slow. He will have to get the newest version.

3. afropete14 thread starter macrumors newbie

It is only a little over a year old. It is not the very newest run with the 2.16 Ghz processors and all that but it still has the Intel core 2 duo processor and all that.

4. cooknwitha macrumors 6502a

cooknwitha

I've resurrected this thread because my Macbook just arrived and I'd hit the same problem. I thought FCE HD would word on my machine. That's what I was told.

So, is this fixable or is it more a case that I need 3.5 in order for it to work on the Macbook?

5. cooknwitha macrumors 6502a

cooknwitha

Well, to end this little saga (in case it gets searched for the in the future) the answer is this. When the message comes up:

1) Hit Escape.

Huzzah! It works. If that doesn't work, re-install FCE HD 3.0 and try again (this is what I had to do). And if that still doesn't work, cry and buy the 3.5 upgrade.