final cut express opinions

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by grooveattack, Feb 8, 2008.

1. grooveattack macrumors 6502a

hi there,
    so i am going to be doing allot of video editing this year so i am going to invest in final cut express. i have had allot of final cut pro experience but i dont have enough money for that. so how is final cut express? can any one give me a mini review? goes it come with soundtrack?
    cheers! :D

2. netnothing macrumors 68040

netnothing

If you want to do any serious editing, and don't have the cash for FCP, then FCE is the choice.

The latest...FCE 4 does not come with Soundtrack anymore. You could find an old copy of 3.5.1 and get it with Soundtrack, then maybe upgrade to FCE4.

They also dropped the price to $199.

Heck of a software package. I love it. Don't use or have a need for Soundtrack, so I'm not missing it. I think Apple assumes you'll use Garageband for most stuff.

-Kevin

3. one1 macrumors 65816

Which Final Cut Pro have you been using? I have FCP5 and too much is never enough. I love it, but in comparison to FCE I'm not sure FCE can get the job done, especially with the drop of Soundtrack. I also suggest using an older copy as well.

4. BlakTornado Guest

BlakTornado

FCE 4 is BRILLIANT. I use it all the time and it's great!

No soundtrack but you can use Garageband for that :)

It's really good - especially for the price!

5. bmcgonag macrumors 65816

bmcgonag

I use FCE 3.5.1 and it's great. I also use iMovie 06, and i'm pretty sure you would hate that with a passion after using a power house like FCP, so I say go for FCE and use it to it's fullest.

Brian