Final Cut Express/Pro Importing

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by includinggeorge, Jan 5, 2012.

1. includinggeorge macrumors newbie

Hi
    I have a camera that records on Mini DV Tapes. When I hook my camera to my Mac (using FireWire), it does not appear on the desktop. This is irrelevant, though, please excuse my babbling.

Anyway, what I came here to ask is: Is there a way to import from your camera on Final Cut 7 Express/Pro (like you can on iMovie/Final Cut X)? I haven't found any way to do this but I may not be looking hard enough. Also, could there perhaps be a plugin or something like that to enable me to do this?

Many thanks
    George

2. simsaladimbamba

Final Cut > File > Log & Import: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VLuGacE7UBs

Since tapes used for recording video footage don't store the video as files, they will not show up as an external storage device like file based camcorders or USB flash memory thumb drives.

Also have a look at the manual, that came with your purchase of Final Cut Pro and Final Cut Express.

3. siiciilyy macrumors newbie

Help with Final cut pro X

Hi I just got a Sony CX360V camcorder and I am recording my video in 1080p60i when I connect the camcorder to my TV it shows that its 1080p but when I upload'em in final cut pro x the show as 1080i does anyone know why and how to keep 1080p quality. Also I just want to edit my files and then keep them in a external hardrive or a blu-ray disc but I dont want to effect the quality. Also my camcorder records also in 1080 60p but can't see them in Final cut pro X anybody know why?
    Thanks.