Final cut express/pro on macbook?

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by johnsy, Apr 26, 2008.

1. johnsy macrumors 6502

Does Final cut express or Pro works on Macbook (with 4 GB of memory)?

2. karenflower macrumors 6502a

karenflower

It works fantastically on my 2.16 Macbook, which only has 2GB of RAM. I imagine that with 4GB it'll fly! :cool:

3. johnsy thread starter macrumors 6502

4. chrisgohcs macrumors member

chrisgohcs

hi im using final cut express on my macbook. check my specs below. its not too bad. but there seems to be some lagging when im watching the video via the viewing canvas.

however if youre working on a large project,i think get final cut pro. the rendering shld be much faster.

5. johnsy thread starter macrumors 6502

so absence of dedicated video card will not be a problem for final cut pro?

6. NP3 macrumors regular

No, it won't be a problem--unless you like having a ton of layers. My friend has a macbook, and he does a lot of the professional work for our university.

You'll be fine--i used to edit DVCPRO-HD on a g4 powerbook, that was a pain.

With a macbook you'll have all the cpu cycles you'll need to render things quickly.

7. johnsy thread starter macrumors 6502

That is good news then. I am not going to play games on macbook, but I would like to do some video. Macbook Pro is probably better choice, but I would like something more portable than Pro.

8. Cave Man macrumors 604

Cave Man

With FCP, you'll have issues if you use Motion, etc., which leverage the gpu. But FC should be fine.