Final Cut Express - Still Frames and Video Effects

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by ratanaso, Jul 28, 2007.

1. ratanaso macrumors newbie

Hello,

I am trying to create a still frame from a video clip in FCE (the function that iMovie has) and can't figure out how. I also want to apply Aged Film effect to a clip in FCE. I know it exists in iMovie but cannot find it in FCE. Is there or is there an equivalent way to achieve the same result?

Thank you!

2. Digital Skunk macrumors 604

Digital Skunk

I can't remember off of the top of my head how to do the freeze frame Final Cut... I think it is somewhere under the Sequence tab or Clip tab...? Don't quote me on that. As for the Aged film look, you may have to get a 3rd party filter for that.

BUT.... iMovie and FCE are compatible with each other... in other words you can create a sequence or movie in iMovie, then take that project into Final Cut and keep all the transitions and I think graphics as well.

3. -DH macrumors 65816

Shift n creates a freeze frame for use within Final Cut - park the playhead on the frame you want.

To make a still image for use in other applications, go to File->Export->Using QuickTime Conversion; choose Still Image from the FORMAT menu and choose the file type you want from the OPTIONS menu.

-DH