Final Cut Express

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by Telp, Jun 20, 2007.

1. Telp macrumors 68040

Telp

I am interested in purchasing Final Cut, however, i want to be able to do some sort of special effects. I know i wouldnt be able to do anything like i would be able to with Shake, but if anyone can tell me about the special effect capabilities in FCE that would be great. Thanks.

2. bmcgonag macrumors 65816

bmcgonag

run through the apple website FCE short videos...not really tutorials, but the show just a few of th effects that are in it. I know Final Cut Pro has a lot, and then you can use Motion with it which enhances the editing and effects quite a bit from what I've seen. Much more expensive for these of course.

Brian

3. Royale w/cheese macrumors 6502a

You should buy a book on amazon or see if your local library has some on FCE. Then you can see some in depth studies on FCE and see more so if it would fit your needs. I bought a book on amazon for 4.93 including shipping with a tutorial dvd. It was in brand new condition, but for some reason my dog chewed it, and she never chews stuff. But it was still readable and a great deal for less than $5. Answered a whole lot of questions very quickly and sufficiently.

4. Telp thread starter macrumors 68040

Telp

Hey thanks, thats great advice. Ill be sure to do that.

5. thisgirl73 macrumors newbie

Final Cut Express Problem

Hi. I am hoping someone can help me. I work from a Power Mac G4 Tower, 533Mhz, 768 Ram, a brand new internal Hard Drive and NVIDIA GeForce2MX Graphics card. OSX Tiger 10.4.10, Though slow and less powerful than newer computer, i totally reach the necessary requirements for using/installing FCE.

PROBLEM#1

Basically, i've been running Final Cut Express HD 3.5 for a number of months now with no problems. In fact, i just did 2 projects on it and am on my 3rd. Recently, i've been receiving the following..."Configuration Error: this software requires certain hardware or software which is missing. Quartz Extreme Support." I can't open FCE.

Upon researching this matter, i've read a little about Apple Remote Curtain mode being the culprit and an incorrect Graphics card. I don't have Apple Remote in use and i have a graphics card that Apple suggests. Not to mention, FCE was working just fine. Could my card be failing? the 2 things i did before trying to start FCE today were plugging in my video camera to my firewire drive and updating software yesterday to try and fix another problem i am having.

PROBLEM #2
    not FCE related
    I can't get my computer to obey my Sound Preferences. i have the Delta AP2496 card that i've been using for years. Every now and again when i clean off my computer and reinstall, i get this problem. I want to hear everything from my external speakers. In my Sound Preferences i've chosen the Delta AP2496 as the input and output and the device through which computer sound effects should plays. iTunes plays out of the external speakers, so does Pro Tools. though anything from the computer (i.e. internet), plays through the internal speakers. currently, i have it rigged so that the audio out of the computer sounds (i.e. the 1/8" headphone jack) go to my mixer then to my external speaker. though it absolutely should work on it's own with the Sound Preference changes. Could there be conflict with new OSX updates?

Sorry so detailed, but these things are driving me crazy!!! thanks so :)much

6. bloodycape macrumors 65816

What comp you on?

7. carolyna macrumors newbie

I have the same problem with Final Cut and Quartz Extreme error message

Has Problem #1 been solved? I was formerly able to open Final Cut (I don't use Express) but then began getting the same message as reported by some other users:

"Configuration Error: this software requires certain hardware or software which is missing. Quartz Extreme Support."