Final Cut Express

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by titaniummd, Jan 19, 2009.

1. titaniummd macrumors member

I created a video using Final Cut Express and ran Render Video. How do I get it into a video file from there? When I run Export as Quicktime Movie, I only get the audio not the video. When I click Print to Video, I get incompatible compression settings.

Confused....:confused:

2. tri3limited macrumors 6502

File > Export

Then choose your compression settings, for example Quicktime Movie.
    Then choose where you wish to save the file.

For future reference the Print to Video feature is used to print your edited version to actual tape, like MiniDV. This can be handy for storage and having as a backup.

Hope that helps!

3. Soura2112 macrumors 6502

A few options...

I am not sure if you are running PRO or Express, but either way this should work.
    Once your video is ready (or you just want another look at it, I check them a lot to make sure nothing is missing in Quick Time)
    Go to export Movie to quicktime and make sure you click "export to quicktime conversion", you can also go to Export to Quicktime and check off exactly what you want, making sure it's ".Mov" (there are other formats, but I use .mov, so up to you. When the movie comes out it should be in .mov, if not go back and make sure its set up right.
    Depending on your computer and film length it could take 30 mins. or more. I also suggest exporting it to quicktime and on to your desktop.

You may only being hearing sound if you only chose sound, so I would check your settings. Also make sure everything is rendered, nothing is locked that you want. You most likely just have your export features tweaked, once fixed it should be fine.

Here is one more thing if QT is acting funny by just clicking on the .mov. Go to QT and "open file" then choose your .mov off your desktop.

If none of this works, let me know your settings in "export" and I can help you, since there is the problem (most likely).