Final Cut logo gone where is program?

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by baypharm, Sep 21, 2009.

1. baypharm macrumors 65816

baypharm

The FCP logo (to start program) was accidentally deleted. I tried reinstalling with my original discs but it says it's already on the HD and won't let me "reinstall." Does anyone know where I can retrieve the logo start button (and no it is not in the garbage box). Please help if you can.

2. WhirlinGraphics macrumors newbie

Easiest way to find it would be to do a search for "Final Cut" in Spotlight (magnifying glass in upper right corner of your screen). Once Final Cut opens and the icon appears in your dock move the icon to a new position in the dock. The icon will now stay there when you quit the program. Hope this helps and is what you are asking?

3. baypharm thread starter macrumors 65816

baypharm

Thanks Whirlingraphics. That is what I was asking. I tried it and there is none to be found. Looks like I will have to delete everything and start over. Ugh!!! Thanks for your quick reply though!

4. TuffLuffJimmy macrumors G3

TuffLuffJimmy

Did you check the Applications folder? Just because it's not in the dock does not mean it's been deleted. It sounds like you just accidentally took it off the dock.

5. baypharm thread starter macrumors 65816

baypharm

I sure did check the applications folder. The other components are there but the actual FCP program icon is gone. I'll keep lookin...

6. WhirlinGraphics macrumors newbie

I don't use FCP so I'm not sure how it saves things. Do you have project files that it created and saved? What does it say when you double click and try to open them? Does it ask you what application you want to use?

7. baypharm thread starter macrumors 65816

baypharm

Yes I do have some project files saved but when I click on them Final Cut Express opens up. So I just uninstalled FCP and am going to do a fresh install and so far so good. Thanks!