Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

macman696969

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 13, 2009
I am currently editing my self-made 'adult' film, "The Men of Mac". In making a sample, i wanted a small Apple logo over the lead actors penis tip. It is easier said than done, and i was wondering if there was a way to select the shape of the head, and FC would search each frame and place a specified image there.

brendanryder

macrumors 6502a
Dec 28, 2006
Calgary
lol, like said, it cannot be done in Final cut, but if you bought Final Cut studio you can launch motion and set a tracking point, "track it", so it creates a path, and then place text or a picture to follow the motion track.

huntercr

macrumors 65816
Jun 6, 2006
I am currently editing my... film... i wanted a small Apple logo ..., and i was wondering if there was a way to select the shape ... FC would search each frame and place a specified image there.

If you don't have motion, you could try this...
Supposedly the "pin blur" feature of this plugin does what you want.
Lyric Motion Tracking Plugin
And a tutorial found here

It doesn't do anything for good taste, however.

macman696969

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 13, 2009
Supposedly the "pin blur" feature of this plugin does what you want.
Tracking Plugin[/URL]
And a tutorial found here

It doesn't do anything for good taste, however.

Thanks, however a "pin blur" hardly seems appropriate. You'd understand if you saw the actors.

huntercr

macrumors 65816
Jun 6, 2006
Thanks, however a "pin blur" hardly seems appropriate. You'd understand if you saw the actors.

So you really didn't have any interest in the answer, just thought you'd waste everyone's time? Perhaps "pin" is for pinhead instead

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.