Final Cut or Video Editing on MBP

Discussion in 'Mac Pro' started by stevenfarrisohi, Mar 8, 2008.

1. stevenfarrisohi macrumors newbie

Does anyone use a MBP for video editing or do you find it much more easier on a desktop?

2. iCheddar macrumors 6502a

iCheddar

Short of dealing with uncompressed HD, you'll find a MBP to be very capable of editing and rendering video.

However, of course, in comparison to a Mac Pro, you'll find the MBP smoked.

Depending on your budget, I'd definitely recommend the MP for editing, however, the MBP will do very well also.

3. gibbz macrumors 68030

I can echo the last post. I use Final Cut Express do some editing on my mbp, which it handles very good. However, there is no comparison with my Mac Pro and the full final cut studio.

4. GotPro macrumors 6502

not to mention... The machines are very similar in price

5. DuncSharp macrumors newbie

I Use a 15'' 2.33 MBP for work, when im editing on the road (news) its good, and provided that your patient and really know the software you can get some excellent results

there are problems however if you are ever using a Canopus box or and external firewire drive, as you can have problems playing out of the final cut after a reasonably long edit.

I have a 2.8ghz Mac pro at home, and have one suite at work when im working on features. i couldnt cut a feature on the MBP, would drive me completely nutz but as for short 3-5min packages then its fine, do wish work had given the the 17'' though