Final Cut Pro 5 on Macbook ?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by S.Templar, Nov 8, 2008.

1. S.Templar macrumors newbie

Hi i just got final cut pro 5. but its realy realy realy slow on my macbook 2 Ghz intel core 2 duo memory 1gb 667 Mhz DDR2

if i load a .mov clip in it of 15 gb low quality i still cant play it withouth having to render it . and to render that clip thats about 2 minutes long it takes about 40 minutes so thats just crazy.

imovie does that stuff 100 times faster , i don't get why imovie can play my clips with effects and all and final cut pro has to render everything and can't play anything ?

2. calebmedia macrumors member

Get More ram

For one think its a pro app. So putting it on a mac with only 1GB of ram is like trying to put a V12 2000 HP engine in a mini cooper and expecting to drag race with it...
    FCP take a lot of CPU power where as iMovie does not (as much :))
    Try getting more ram. Its cheap and good here

3. S.Templar thread starter macrumors newbie

mmm i see thanks for the explenation :) i would like to upgrade my ram then i saw this 4 gb kit but im wondering do you think im gonne be able to make that work with my macbook ?

these are my specs

Model Name: MacBook
    Model Identifier: MacBook2,1
    Processor Name: Intel Core 2 Duo
    Processor Speed: 2 GHz
    Number Of Processors: 1
    Total Number Of Cores: 2
    L2 Cache (per processor): 4 MB
    Memory: 1 GB
    Bus Speed: 667 MHz
    Boot ROM Version: MB21.00A5.B07
    SMC Version: 1.13f3

and i found somebody saying this '' Warning, the ones that have GMA950 just support 2GB.'' what does that mean ? how do i know if i got a GMA950 ??