final cut pro 6 on my mbp?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by robosays21, Jun 14, 2007.

1. robosays21 macrumors member

hey
    i have a cd 2.16ghz mbp with 1 gig of memory. i just got the canon hv20 fer the 24p. Do you think i could run fcp 6 and edit hd footage? should i probably add a gig of memory?

2. bkman2211 macrumors newbie

Add more memory for sure

I would add more memory for sure. FCP will run better with it.
    :)

:apple:

3. CmdrLaForge macrumors 68040

CmdrLaForge

Sure - no problem - add memory !

4. gkorsgard macrumors newbie

I added more memory to my new 17" MBP for FC6. I bought Studio 2. Do not add ALL of Motion's new filters. It will eat the entire factory hard drive!

5. stateofmind macrumors regular

how do you run fcp on a mbp? Isnt FCP incompatible with it, thats why there is FCE?

If so, have you tried getting 24p films to work? Does it?

6. stateofmind macrumors regular

haha just noticed the date of the topic, hopefully TC is still around

Just that I want an HV20 and want to see if the hack to get FCP on mac mini works or if I have to get a iMac

7. zioxide macrumors 603

zioxide

FCP is designed to run on the MBP. It's incompatible with the regular Macbook and Macbook Air (integrated graphics).

You'll probably want an iMac.

8. stateofmind macrumors regular

but is it impossible to work with on a mac mini, meaning will it prevent me from installing it and using it to get the 24p footage?

because I will not be doing any "explosions" or anything that requires serious power. All I want to do is transfer the files in 24p and just cut and chop up shots.

9. zioxide macrumors 603

zioxide

as far as i know, it checks when it installs to see if the computer is compatible.

You could just use Final Cut Express. The HV20 telecines the 24p footage in to a 60i stream. I believe there is some free app that will inverse telecine to 24p after you edited if you wanted to.

10. stateofmind macrumors regular

FCP has a hack so it can work with the mini, if successful I should be good

Also from the apple site:

"If you have a Mac Mini (Early 2006), the Final Cut Studio (Universal) crossgrade Installer does not prohibit you from installing the pro applications, but this configuration does not meet the minimum system requirements for Final Cut Studio."