Final Cut Pro 7 help "cannot be opened because of a problem"

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by theharboguy, Dec 8, 2013.

1. theharboguy macrumors newbie

Dec 8, 2013
    A couple years ago I borrowed a Final Cut Pro studio CD and installed it on my laptop. Being the noob that I was, I couldn't figure it and let it sit in my applications folder, now I want to try again on a desktop with a larger screen and more experience. I took a firewire cable and copied Final Cut Pro and Motion, upon launching the application I got the error "Final Cut Pro cannot be opened because of a problem". Should have known it would be more than simple drag 'n drop, do I need to download some libraries? Or should I just try and get that disk again?
  2. robgendreau macrumors 68040

Jul 13, 2008
    Many applications can't be installed by simply dragging them from the source to the new location. When you "borrowed" a copy by installing off the CD it installed correctly.

I'm unaware of a means of "borrowing" Apple software; if you want to try Final Cut Pro you can download a trial copy from Apple and I'm confident it will install from that download.

If you're asking how to pirate a copy, I believe that violates this forums terms of use.
  3. theharboguy thread starter macrumors newbie

Dec 8, 2013
    Oh nononono. It's a legitimate install, I'm trying to move it from one computer to another.