Final Cut Pro 7 help "cannot be opened because of a problem"

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by theharboguy, Dec 8, 2013.

1. theharboguy macrumors newbie

A couple years ago I borrowed a Final Cut Pro studio CD and installed it on my laptop. Being the noob that I was, I couldn't figure it and let it sit in my applications folder, now I want to try again on a desktop with a larger screen and more experience. I took a firewire cable and copied Final Cut Pro and Motion, upon launching the application I got the error "Final Cut Pro cannot be opened because of a problem". Should have known it would be more than simple drag 'n drop, do I need to download some libraries? Or should I just try and get that disk again?

2. robgendreau macrumors 68030

Many applications can't be installed by simply dragging them from the source to the new location. When you "borrowed" a copy by installing off the CD it installed correctly.

I'm unaware of a means of "borrowing" Apple software; if you want to try Final Cut Pro you can download a trial copy from Apple and I'm confident it will install from that download.

If you're asking how to pirate a copy, I believe that violates this forums terms of use.

3. theharboguy thread starter macrumors newbie

Oh nononono. It's a legitimate install, I'm trying to move it from one computer to another.