FInal cut pro 7 runs slow

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by mrwillt, Feb 15, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mrwillt macrumors newbie

I have installed a cracked final cut pro 7, when i run it, it is very slow and after closing the program, my mac runs very slow. but once i restart my mac its fine until i launch Final cut pro again. its obvious that its my mac that is set up wrong or a other problem but i dont think its the cracked program.

can anyone help

2. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

It's running slow because it's cracked. It has "karma" encryption. Buy the real version for the key.

3. npep macrumors member

I wanted to respond, but thought better of it...Loved your Karma encryption!

4. Alvi macrumors 65816

Alvi

Boo piracy, the only people who actually need Final Cut are those who are willing to pay the full price for it.

If i misunderstood that "Cracked part" What Mac are you using?

5. acfusion29 macrumors 68040

acfusion29

A few years ago my teacher said "if your using a program to make money off of it (eg. business), then buy it... if it's for fun then who cares" ;)

6. Inutopia macrumors 6502

Inutopia

its not.

7. mattydee87 macrumors regular

Lol my tutor says pretty much the same thing about using it for education

8. mattydee87 macrumors regular

Could be though, don't you think? Depends who cracked it... We have no idea what they did. They could have modified the installer to install all sorts of rubbish that could run in the background? I don't know... just saying.

9. chrismacguy macrumors 68000

Yes it is. Everyone knows that not only does Final Cut Pro have the latest in karmic encryption and detection technologies, but that the Apple Karmic Police have been dispatched to relieve you of all your Apple hardware to prevent any more karmic imbalances occuring for you.... just a warning ;)

10. Mintin8 macrumors 6502a

Mintin8

The F.B.I will be at your door in approximately 17 minutes.

11. mrwillt thread starter macrumors newbie

i have installed a legal version of final cut pro 7, and it is still running slow as before. my friend says i should format my mac book pro, and then reinstall. is this a good idea?

12. badpinoy macrumors regular

maybe you should buy the legit version or just stick with iMovie

13. badpinoy macrumors regular

i thought Macs ran well enough for no need to reformat.

14. Dr.Pants macrumors 65816

Dr.Pants

Need more machine specifications and what codecs/resolutions you are editing before I can say anything.

Also, have you reset PRAM and repaired permissions? Good first step.

15. GeneKam macrumors regular

Torrented FINAL CUT FTW!!!! I use mine as well and it runs fine. SO here is the break down

MBP: What are your specs, that would really help. Anything with core 2 duo will run well.

Bottleneck performance: Make sure you use external disk for scratch space. You can use a dedicated flash drive which is 8 GBS+ if your working on small stuff, but i usually work with 20+ min plus footage, so for good performance you will need external hard drive there is no doubt in that.

Think of it this way, there is two streams, one going up and one going down, and they work well to run your laptop and software, but as soon as you start using something such as final cut that constantly flips gigs of data to the hard drive and ram, your laptop will work unusually low.

You also need 20% free space on the hard drive in order for it to work efficiently.

if you got all the above, reinstall your laptop. I usually do mine minimum of once every 7-8 months, but usually i like to have it nice and clean for every school semester.

16. kainjow Moderator emeritus

kainjow

Asking for help with pirated software is not allowed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.