Final Cut Pro 7 training videos still worth it?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by NameUndecided, Jun 26, 2011.

1. NameUndecided macrumors 6502a

I'm not with much of any experience with video editing software, but it's something that I'd really like to learn. With the new Final Cut Pro X - I'm of the mind (the hope) that future updates might fix some or a lot of the problems that many professionals are currently finding with it. With that in mind, I'm leaning more toward the possibility that I would be using FCPX rather than 7 if I ever want to turn to editing as a more serious hobby or vocation.

Right now though, there are plenty of FCP7 training videos/classes around. I'm wondering if the interfaces between that and X are still at least similar enough that learning more about 7 wouldn't be totally useless if I later went to FCPX.

So for those who are experienced with 7 and have been fiddling around with X, could you say if it would still be a good idea to sit through hours of introduction and walkthroughs on how to use the 7 version? Thanks very much for any feedback. I'm really interested to find out about this.

2. bxben macrumors newbie

bxben

Tutorials

Hey, I've used Final Cut Pro for the last 7 years and loved it, and now that Final Cut Pro X is out I've been learning it as well and am loving it. It is DEFINITELY different, that's for sure, but in my opinion, it's different in a GOOD way! It has sped up my editing quite a bit actually. I will have to learn how to get better at editing highly timed out edits like a music video, but I'll learn (I will actually be practicing on a music video in a week or so).

If you're interested, I put together a quick basic overview of the new FCP X. It's just a basic tutorial, but hopefully it will save you hours of reading manuals!
    http://bit.ly/iLAyZI

3. bxben macrumors newbie

bxben

Another tutorial

And here's another tutorial with a few more slightly advanced edit options if you're interested.
    Here's the latest tutorial with a slightly more advanced set of edits
    http://bit.ly/j0CRik