Final Cut Pro 7 versus Final Cut ProX

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by northlandca, Jun 27, 2011.

1. northlandca macrumors newbie

Hi,

I was about to order Final Cut Studio (which includes Final Cut Pro 7) today, when I found it was replaced by Final Cut ProX just a few days ago, now available at the app store. I am devastated by the negative reviews of the the new version, which no longer seems to be a pro version, but a better iMovie version.

On the other hand it supports AVCHD (if imported from a camera).

Could anyone give me more insight as to whether it is worth the trouble to trz to get a hold of the 7-version, or is the X-version better after all?

2. THX1139 macrumors 68000

THX1139

Wow, yet another thread about FCX. :rolleyes: A simple search here and on google will turn up hundreds of threads on this subject - no need to start a new one. Kind of late coming to the party eh?

Link

Link

Link

Link

Link

3. northlandca thread starter macrumors newbie

Sorry about that, but I actually did google reviews and did a search on this forum for "final cut pro x". The search on this forum did not return any results. Today after logging in, it did return plenty results. I guess the search only works when logged in. Thanks for your reply :eek: