Final Cut Pro > Capture Requires Restart?!

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by hotwire132002, May 5, 2008.

1. hotwire132002 macrumors 65816

hotwire132002

I'm running Final Cut Studio 2 on an 8-core (2.8Ghz) mac pro. Recently, Final Cut Pro has been acting up.

When I open Final Cut, it will generally recognize whichever camera is plugged in (Sony FX1 or Canon HV20) just fine. After capturing, though, it stops recognizing that the camera is plugged in.

At first, this only happened every now and then, but lately, it happens after literally every capture attempt.

Restarting Final Cut generally fixes the problem, but this is quite an inconvenience. I'm wondering if anyone has seen similar problems, and if there's any sort of solution I might be missing....

Thanks in advance for your help!

2. pdpfilms macrumors 68020

pdpfilms

I've been having the same issue with my XH-A1. I think it's a bug with the HDV capture window. The same effect often happens in other apps when I can't find the message window to click "OK" or "Continue" or whatever... except in this case, there's actually no window. Not sure how to fix it, and it's sure going to be a pain after returning from Tanzania with ~100 tapes to capture.

EDIT: I'm on a 2.5Ghz Quad G5, 8.5Gb RAM, plenty of fast disks.