Final Cut Pro Effects Help

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by Telp, Feb 25, 2008.

1. Telp macrumors 68040

Telp

I am making a movie with a friend of mine, and although I don't want to say much about it, I know I will be editing it on Final Cut Pro. So far I have two questions about some effects that I would like to use. The first is a kind of ghost affect. Making a semi-transparent body within the movie. The other is a floating affect. Any help would be great, and I am sure to have more questions later. Thanks in advance.

-Telp

2. adamzx3 macrumors regular

adamzx3

The best way to learn about final cut for the money is www.lynda.com , they have hours of tutorials, basic , advanced and some special effects. Theres a section on transparency with greenscreen.

3. Telp thread starter macrumors 68040

Telp

I don't really want to pay...If anyone can actually just tell me that would be great. I'm sure there are plenty of people in this forum that know how to do effects like this, and can explain it...Thanks for the above post, however.

4. puckhead193 macrumors G3

puckhead193

there's a few glow effects - bloom, dazzle, light rays, outer glow, overdrive....
    there's also a few time effects. I think trails might work...

5. Telp thread starter macrumors 68040

Telp

Trails? To make something ghostly transparent?

6. faustfire macrumors 6502a

faustfire

For a transparent ghost effect, lock down the shots you need the effect to be on and place the shot with the "ghost" over a shot with just the background. Then adjust the opacity of the top layer to taste.

7. Telp thread starter macrumors 68040

Telp

Ok. I'm not sure I understand that but I will trythat and ask for clarification if I need it.

Thanks a lot and keep your eyes open because I am sure I will have plenty More questions.

-Telp