Final Cut Pro frame

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by Christina99, Jul 21, 2007.

1. Christina99 macrumors newbie

Hi
    I want to get rid of the fat black frame around my video that final cut pro always seems to add to the canvas screen.
    How do I change that to a smaller black cinema frame instead of the black frame all around the footage? I really tried everything, I just started to learn final cut pro.
    thanks

2. P-Worm macrumors 68020

P-Worm

What's probably happening is that the video that you are editing is smaller dimensions than what your timeline is set up for. What kind of video clips are you editing and more specifically, what are the pixel dimensions of those clips?

The best thing to do is to choose "Easy Setup" from the Final Cut Pro menu, pick the settings you need, and then make a new project. You can also change the preferences of the timeline by going to "Sequence->Settings..." and change the settings there.

P-Worm

3. Christina99 thread starter macrumors newbie

The frame size of the video clips is 320 x 240
    I'm not sure what settings to pick, they're just images from my digital camera, not very high quality
    thanks

4. ppc_michael Guest

ppc_michael

You'll have to change a few settings for your sequence in order to accommodate your 320x240 video properly.

If you change these settings on the sequence you're already editing (with the black bars), it will probably scale your media down too, so you'll still have the black bars. So it would be easier if you create a new sequence first, then right-click (or Control+Click) on the sequence in the browser, and choose "Settings..."

Then match the settings I have here:

[​IMG]

The "QuickTime Video" settings and "Audio" settings boxes are more subjective to what you prefer. And also be sure to match the framerate with that of your video, I just guessed.

5. Christina99 thread starter macrumors newbie

Well, I tried this, but every time I try to change the sequence settings, the program crashes and asks me if I want to send a report to Apple...
    This program is playing tricks on me. I tried it at least 10 times but every time again final cut pro stops suddenly.