Final Cut Pro Help

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by kiawill91, Jan 22, 2019.

1. kiawill91 macrumors newbie

Hi guys

So I am looking to add a black screen at the start of my video and add text.

How can I get the text tool bar to appear? Like this? Please also see a screen shot of my screen

I am sure it is something very simple but I just can't work it out.

[​IMG]

So below is the toolbar I'm missing

[​IMG]

2. Kaspin macrumors member

Kaspin

1. Open Titles and Generators sidebar.
    2. Select a title style and drag it to the timeline.
    3. Edit the text in the Inspector

Attached Files:

3. bagelche macrumors 6502

bagelche

Hopefully you'll have already resolved this, but I just wanted to mention that the image you're showing is for an older version of FCPX than what you have. In an update, Apple changed the location of several items including the Titles and Generators. Kaspin's attached image shows the new location of the Titles. You'll want to click on that tab in the browser to access the titles.

One additional note. You said you wanted to add the text to the beginning of your timeline. With the magnetic timeline, you can drag a title down to the timeline and it will move all the rest of timeline to the right to make room for the clip/title you're dragging down. I like to use the keyboard shortcuts for these edits as it's faster and less fiddly than trying to drag the clip to the right place.

In this case, you would use the insert edit or "W" key. Put the playhead where you want the title to go, select the title in the browser, and hit "w".

I'm a big fan of getting used to using the Q,W,E keys for bringing clips into the timeline. They're part of the essential keyboard shortcuts I go over with new users.

4. Fishrrman macrumors P6

Fishrrman

I used QuickTime to create a short video, all "in black".
    I place this clip at the beginning of my timeline, and then add titles "over it".
    It can be shortened, etc. Also used elsewhere in the movie.
    I have no idea if this will help, but it's small enough to attach here.
    Perhaps it may be of some use to you.

Attached Files:

5. Ritsuka macrumors 6502a

You don't need to make a black video, you can go to the Edit menu and select Insert Generator -> Gap