Final Cut Pro isnt applying SmoothCam

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by baseballdude345, Feb 14, 2009.

1. baseballdude345 macrumors newbie

I just upgraded to Final Cut Pro 6. I was very excited mainly for the fact of using the SmoothCam feature seeing as I am not the best at keeping a camera steady. The problem is, that when I select the clip into the viewer and go to effects and select smoothcam, it doesn't analyze or show up in the filters tab. Has anyone had any recent issues? Thanks

2. vtonangi macrumors newbie

I'm having the same problem. I know that the clips have to be analyzed 1st, but I can't figure out how to actually analyze the clips at all...

If anyone knows how to use the smooth cam feature, please let me know - you can email me at vtonangi@gmail.com - I would appreciate it tremendously.

3. NeoMayhem macrumors 6502a

I have had problems with it not working on short clips. It also works a lot better with HD footage then DV.

There have been a few clips where it would just not work, but gave no error or anything. I never did figure out what the problem was.

When you add the smoothcam filter it should analyze the clip if necessary.

4. vtonangi macrumors newbie

I figured it out

I figured this issue out. I was using a Flip Mino HD, and the files were being saved as m4v format, and FCP can not analyze clips for stabilizaiton (and many other things as I found out), unless you change the format. I used Quicktime pro to convert it from .m4v to a .mov file, and I chose Pro Res for my sequence settings. This seemed to fix all the problems I was having.