Final Cut Pro keeps freezing when I try to render it

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by iPowers, Feb 18, 2010.

1. iPowers macrumors 6502

Ok when I render at all it never EVER works. It has worked a couple times but recently I do everything people suggest and it doesn't work. I've converted both into the same format so it'll work, I've restarted final cut pro, I've restarted the computer, I've repaired disk permissions, i've done render all. All worked at certain points but for the rest it doesn't work. What am I doing wrong and how can I fix it?

2. bmcgonag macrumors 65816

bmcgonag

Since I haven't seen any previous threads I'll assume you have plenty of RAM to work in FCP.

I would say from there, uninstall FCP completely, along with any plugins that you may have with it.

reboot off of your OS X Install Disc, run Permissions Repair and Verification from Disk Utility running on the Install Disc, and then do a Disk Repair and Verification while running on the Install Disc.

After that is complete, reboot into OS X, run Permission Repair once more from inside the OS.

Make sure all of your OS X software is up to date, and firmware as well.

Reinstall FCP, and try again.

3. iPowers thread starter macrumors 6502

Here's the problem. I'm using a school computer to do this so that would be a bad idea for me to do. If we do it'd be the last option if every other idea possible fails.

4. iPowers thread starter macrumors 6502

as for the permissions. I already did that. I also did the make the videos the same formet, used format all, restart the computer and the program, delete preferences. Nothing seems to work.