Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Stang68

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
May 29, 2007
USA
Hey guys,

I recently got my new SR MacBook Pro and I absolutely love it. It is my first Mac, even though I have been using Final Cut Pro for the past 5 years in high school and college. I got Final Cut Pro for my MBP and put a Quicktime movie on a timeline, just to play around with and see how it runs and I noticed that for some reason, Final Cut is lagging. I drag the pointer on the timeline and it is behind me. It is slow. I dont know what could be causing this. I have the high end 15" MBP with 2 GB of memory, so I dont think thats the problem. I also have a 120GB external Lacie drive, which is where I am saving all of my video. What could be causing Final Cut Pro to be lagging?

Thanks a lot!

Multimedia

macrumors 603
Jul 27, 2001
Santa Cruz CA, Silicon Beach
What Version Of Final Cut Pro?

Hey guys,

I recently got my new SR MacBook Pro and I absolutely love it. It is my first Mac, even though I have been using Final Cut Pro for the past 5 years in high school and college. I got Final Cut Pro for my MBP and put a Quicktime movie on a timeline, just to play around with and see how it runs and I noticed that for some reason, Final Cut is lagging. I drag the pointer on the timeline and it is behind me. It is slow. I dont know what could be causing this. I have the high end 15" MBP with 2 GB of memory, so I dont think thats the problem. I also have a 120GB external Lacie drive, which is where I am saving all of my video. What could be causing Final Cut Pro to be lagging?

Thanks a lot!
What version of Final Cut Pro? Needs to be at least 5.1UB (a part of Final Cut Studio 1 - the only way you can buy FCP any more) to run properly on that Mac. Upgrade to Final Cut Studio 2 (includes FCP 6) from any older COMMERCIAL version of FCP 1-4.5 is $699. No path from any Academic version to Commercial any more.

Was only $199 to COMMERCIAL 5.1UB from ALL VERSIONS of 4/4.5 and all parts AND upgrade versions of PPC Production Suite (including Academic versions) until March 20. Did you miss that boat? It was an offer that was out there for a full year.

Also, make sure you add TWO 2GB sticks into that model ASAP to get the full benefit of running all those Final Cut Studio 1 or 2 applications on there.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.