Final Cut Pro , Mpeg 2 export

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by Mindcrime13, Aug 3, 2008.

1. Mindcrime13 macrumors member

hello!

alright i used to have final cut pro HD, and just upgraded to final cut studio, on FCP HD i used to export my file to Mpeg2 and from their i would take it to DvD studio, anyway i noticed that on the FCP studio i got all the options except mpeg 2, what can i use to convert my project file to mpeg 2? im not very used to compresor, i have always used FCP mpeg 2 export so im a bit confused,

any help?

thanks!

2. benlangdon macrumors 65832

benlangdon

thread jack but
    do you know any good places to learn final cut,
    i just got it, and i want to do some music on it.

anyway, just as a thought couldn't you use like mpeg streamclip to convert

3. CaptainChunk macrumors 68020

CaptainChunk

Mindcrime13,

Compressor is actually pretty easy to learn. It has a drag and drop interface for selecting compression settings (for which there are lots of templates) and export destinations. You can also make custom export settings templates from a variety of codecs. I learned most of the basics just playing around with it for a while. It will also do more advanced things like batch exports, which you really need to dive into the manual to learn.

Is there a particular reason you need MPEG2 compression? There are some built-in templates for MPEG2 QT video in Compressor, as well as MPEG2-based DVD video templates (a few of them) for dropping straight into DVD Studio Pro.

You can export from an FCP sequence straight into Compressor to save time. Alternatively, you can use a program like mpegstreamclip to convert to MPEG2 if you find Compressor too complicated.

4. LethalWolfe macrumors G3

LethalWolfe

The most simple way is to export using Compressor and just select the appropriate DVD preset in Compressor's menu.

Lethal

5. -DH macrumors 65816

Just so you'll know; the upgrade to QuickTime 7 is the culprit. It eliminated the MPEG-2 export option. Apple wants you to use Compressor for this task now. They even issued an article on this in 2005: http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=301871

Compressor is pretty easy to use ... all presets can be customized and Compressor 2 even includes the AC3 (Dolby Digital) encoder that you previously had to use A.Pack to get.

-DH

6. Mindcrime13 thread starter macrumors member

its just that i was used to use the mpeg 2 and from there do the menu on dvd studio, and drop the mpeg 2 file on the menu button, but im gonna have to start playing with compressor, o well!

thanks guys!

7. Mindcrime13 thread starter macrumors member

well what exactly you mean, ,music videos?, if thats the case, you can learn final cut tinkering with it and with the tutorial cd that it has, its great software, and i have use adobe premier, avid, and prefer FC above everything!

8. benlangdon macrumors 65832

benlangdon

well actually anything,

9. LethalWolfe macrumors G3

LethalWolfe

Using Compressor will only add a couple of mouse clicks to your routine (and if you start using droplets it will actually require fewer mouse clicks) so I think you'll survive.;)

Lethal