Final Cut Pro Multicam with Protools capturing audio: (workflow recommendation)

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by Denarius, Sep 29, 2010.

1. Denarius macrumors 6502a

Denarius

I'm in a situation where my audio for some concerts is capturing into pro tools LE on a Mac. All cameras are capturing to Firestores in Quicktime movie format with timecode synced for the cameras and for the Pro Tools project.

My problem is that I've very unfamiliar with Pro Tools and am looking for advice for the most efficient way to work with Pro Tools and Final Cut Pro for Multiclip editing with synced timecode.

I'd be interested to hear if I would benefit from recording into Soundtrack Pro instead of Pro Tools in the future (with workflow tips please)

Thanks for your thoughts.

2. martinX macrumors 6502a

martinX

Not that I have done anything with ProTools, but wouldn't it be a case of cutting a multiclip sequence in the usual manner, and then replacing the audio track with the ProTools track?

Alternatively, make a "movie" out of the ProTools audio with something (even black) as the video and then bringing that in as one of the clips in a multiclip.

Or try PluralEyes, which lots of people like. Amongst its weaponry, it numbers such diverse elements as creating multiclips out of disjointed clips and (for you) replacing camera audio with an audio master track.

3. Denarius thread starter macrumors 6502a

Denarius

If I export the protools project, would it still keep the original timecode I wonder? I'll have to give it a go.