Final Cut Pro on a MacBook?

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by iChrisG, Mar 9, 2008.

1. iChrisG macrumors member

Does anyone know if Final Cut Pro will run on a regular MacBook? Or is it just meant for MacBook Pro???

These...are the questions that ponder me.....

lol I got that from a movie last night!

2. youradhere4222 macrumors 6502

I've heard that it runs slowly and doesn't allow you to perform certain functions.

To be honest, I'm growing less impressed with the MacBook. I was planning on buying one, but everyone's telling me you can't play new games.

I thought new laptops could play new games, especially with 2.4GHz and 2GB of memory. Not that I game that often, I was just hoping that for $1300 I'd get the latest technology and I wouldn't have to worry about playing consumer games. :(

3. iToaster macrumors 68000

iToaster

Yes, the MacBook will run FCP fine, just don't expect something like Motion to run due to the integrated graphics.

4. Hoopdy macrumors 6502

If you want to play games....then go with a $1300 Windows machine. Who has ever told you that you could play games, let alone newer ones, on a Macbook?

For the money you do get the latest and greatest in technology, just not in terms of gaming because that is not the purpose of this notebook.

5. Igantius macrumors 65816

Lots of threads about this – have a look at the one last week: http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?p=5103501 There’s some (old) benchmarks, but short answer is that ‘Yes, no problem.’

Nope – video editing is a CPU-intensive activity and the MBs will handle FCP very well (see above).