Final Cut Pro question:Batch Rendering

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by freeedge369, Jul 12, 2007.

1. freeedge369 macrumors member

Hi everyone, I'm sorry to bug you with such a n00bish question, but its there any way I can render all the clips in a project before I drag them to the sequence timeline? I make AMVs(Anime Music Videos), so being able to see how the video and music match up is kind of inmportant, but it's rather impractical(and difficult) to sync them up when I have to keep rendering the clips. I am very new to Final Cut, and would REALLY appreciate any help you could give me. Thank you in advance.

2. skimaxpower Guest

If your clips are in DV format, without effects, very little rendering should be necessary. If, however, you are plopping in a wild smattering of .avi, .mov, .mpeg, etc into your timeline, excessive painful rendering will be necessary.

My best suggestion is to use QT pro convert your clips to to 720x480 DV. This is a high-bitrate, low-compression codec. This means that your mac should be able to decode on-the-fly and save you from chronic re-rendering.

Save all your titles, effects, fades, wipes, etc until after you've got your rough cut timed. All of these things require painful rendering. And every time you change them, you get to render again.

BONUS TIP: to render stuff in your timeline, press :apple:R. If you want to render just a section, highlight that section and :apple:R. If you want to render everything, select nothing, press :apple:R, and go watch a movie. :)