Final Cut Pro Question!!

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by stagecustom, Apr 26, 2007.

1. stagecustom macrumors regular

Hey guys, i have a school project for communications. I need to somehow get a (preferably digital) clock in my video.

The video is supposed to be a nike football commercial, and were doing some training sequences with a series of cool camera angles and shots.

I would like it to be small but have milliseconds. because i will add a beep sound at the end of the 30 seconds and have the commercial end at that time. i WOULD like to put it in the bottom right corner. Where should i do this, i know you can do it in final cut but it looks terrible, and its for individual clips not the whole video.

Is there a way in live type. i want to just put it over the video in fcp, small and in the bottom right...

let me know.

2. Lovesong macrumors 65816

Lovesong

You should be able to do that in Motion. Just create whatever the look of the clip you want (it's more like a mask), extend it for 30 seconds, and add the file as a separate video track in FCP.

3. stagecustom thread starter macrumors regular

explain that a little more. I have never used motion, your saying i have to create a clock effect frame by frame?

any links to this? i honestly don't understand it fully.

4. Lovesong macrumors 65816

Lovesong

No, no. That would be silly.
    Motion is a fairly simple (and relatively easy to use, compared to Shake) compositing and animation software that allows you draw a shape (say a circle for a clock, with letters and numbers) which you can then put in....motion (sorry for the pun). Don't get me wrong, it does quite a bit more, but the idea is to add small animations on top of your movie- like a photoshop layer, which can then be put together in FCP. I'm probably not explaining this fully, but if you open the software (I'm assuming that you have it, along with FCP), you'll see what I'm talking about. You can add a number of behaviors to any shapes (say, rotate around a certain point over a certain time period), and when you finish it up, you can export the file, import it as a clip in FCP, and add it on top of existing video. If you need instructions on how to use it, you copy of FCS came with a tutorial book and DVD, which are excellent. Cheers.