Final Cut Pro - Scrolling Text: ease in/ease out/post roll

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by wedgie, Jun 3, 2008.

1. wedgie macrumors newbie

wedgie

Hi MacRumors,

In Adobe Premiere Pro, there are options under scrolling text to ease in, ease out, and post roll. However, I cannot figure out the analogous function in Final Cut Pro. :( I'm trying to use FCP to create end credits that scroll up, but I want the text to eventually ease out and stop at the last line. I've tried: FCP's "Scrolling Text", Boris "Crawling Text", and LiveType, but none seem to have this function. I've also tried using keyframing within the Scrolling Text, but under the Motion option, there is nothing I can use. I've even tried googling for the problem, but I cannot find any threads for the life of me. The only other alternative would be to use a separate package like After Effects and bring in a pre-rendered scroll, but that seems awfully lame for such an expensive product like FCP.

Any hints?
    :confused:

2. P-Worm macrumors 68020

P-Worm

You can add handles to keyframes. I think you right click. It's been a while doing this kind of stuff in Final Cut Pro, though, I usually use Motion.

P-Worm

3. wedgie thread starter macrumors newbie

wedgie

What attribute do I keyframe? An option in the Controls tab? There is nothing that controls the vertical position there. An option in the Motion tab? There is a time remap setting, but it is grayed out. I'd prefer not to use a separate package (After Effects or Motion) to do this very simple effect that Adobe Premiere has out of the box.

4. P-Worm macrumors 68020

P-Worm

I think your best bet is to either fake it by using the scrolling text option and then having a separate text element that you can key frame to scroll up and then stop. You would keyframe the position parameters.

As you are finding out, Final Cut Pro is not made for titles. Sure you can put the occasional title up, but for any serious work, I always go to something else. Motion isn't too bad because you can embed the project in your Final Cut Pro sequence and render it right there instead of making a new video file and importing it.

Sorry I couldn't be of much more help, but good luck.

P-Worm