Final Cut Pro sound not working *URGENT*

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by ArmyyStrongg, Dec 1, 2011.

1. ArmyyStrongg macrumors newbie

When i worked on this film everything was working fine. I have my clips on a external hard drive, and after a few days i want to work on it again. When i opened up Final Cut Pro while having my external in at first neither the video or the audio wouldnt work. Now i got the video working the sound isnt working.

I really need this as my friends want to see the video tomorrow and it would be a good treat for them to not be nervous abotu their football game tomorrow. Any Advice?

O let me add, when i throw a new video from the external on the stream everything works, but when i try to play the old ones it doesnt work

2. Erendiox macrumors 6502a

Erendiox

First off, have you checked to see if your sound is working outside of final cut? Throw something into quicktime and play it just to be sure. Provided that is working fine, check to make your output settings are correct in both System Preferences > Sound, and also in your external playback settings in final cut (View > Audio Playback). You can also try going to View > External Playback > Refresh A/V Devices.

If none of this works then you might have to describe the problem in a little more detail. It could be a glitch with Final Cut.

3. careypo macrumors member

Are you using a capture card to preview the video or a firewire connection? What hardware setup are you using?