'Final Cut Pro'-Split Screens

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by Jay2325, Jul 18, 2007.

1. Jay2325 macrumors newbie

Hey Everyone,
    I recently got Final Cut Pro to work on a film project im doing with a friend.
    We have to create a TV show, and my friend and I are doing ours in the style of the show '24'. For those of you that havent seen the show, it often uses split screens. Someone recommended Final Cut Pro, becuase they said it was capable of split screens. However, after working on it for a few days, im still unable to get split screens. If anyone has any information, it would be most helpful.

thanks,
    -Jay:)

2. LethalWolfe macrumors G3

LethalWolfe

Both FCE and FCP can do this very easily. Just turn on the "image+wire frame" view in the canvas and that will allow you to click and drag the video around the frame, click and drag a corner to manipulate scale, and use the crop tool ("c") to crop the video if need be.

lethal

3. Royale w/cheese macrumors 6502a

4. Jay2325 thread starter macrumors newbie

5. Eug macrumors newbie

live editig simulation

Hello all,

How can I simulate live editing?
    This what i want:

I want to choose between the different tracks while seeing them all at once, in one, mabe split screen, without cropping.
    So indeed, to simmulate a vido-emixer.

thanks

6. martinX macrumors 6502a

martinX

You might want to start a new topic. Quick answer: FCP 7 or 6, "multi-camera editing" in the manual. Not iMovie, not FCP X, not FCE. FCP 6 or FCP 7.