Final Cut Pro Studio 2 - Academic or Retail?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by mifo, Jan 5, 2011.

1. mifo macrumors newbie

Hi Guys,

I have a bit of a curious issue that I am hoping someone can clear up for me.

I purchased an unopened copy of the above software on eBay to use for work purposes.

When I received it, everything was absolutely fine and I got a pretty good deal on legit, unopened software. I understood it was the retail version that is eligible for future upgrades and paid as such. However, on the box two stickers were present - one says "Apple Final Cut Pro Studio 2 - RETAIL" and the other "Apple Final Cut Pro Studio 2 - ACADEMIC" both have barcodes.

I got worried and was assured by the seller that it must have just stuck on by mistake as he has a few copies of both versions in the same storage area. I installed it and nothing in the license agreements on any component of the software has the word academic on it - but can someone confirm that this appears on an academic version at all in the first place?

Thanks very much.

2. Nermal Moderator

Nermal

Staff Member

I can't absolutely confirm this, but as far as I'm aware the Academic version says so under About.

Edit: From the Apple discussion boards:

3. mifo thread starter macrumors newbie

Hey Nermal,

Thanks so much for that - I think I am in the clear then! :eek: