Final Cut Pro Tutorials?

dskyles

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 16, 2015
St. Louis, MO
Hey all!

I recently started helping my company with their social media. After talking to a few people, they recommended that I learn video editing to help generate better content on FB and Instagram. A friend gave me Final Cut Pro (v10.1.3) and I've messed around with it a bit, but I'd like to learn a lot more. Are there any good sites/tutorials out there someone had good luck with? I'm not opposed to paying a little bit of money for a good one. Any information is helpful.

Thanks!

firedept

macrumors 603
Jul 8, 2011
Somewhere!
Hey all!

I recently started helping my company with their social media. After talking to a few people, they recommended that I learn video editing to help generate better content on FB and Instagram. A friend gave me Final Cut Pro (v10.1.3) and I've messed around with it a bit, but I'd like to learn a lot more. Are there any good sites/tutorials out there someone had good luck with? I'm not opposed to paying a little bit of money for a good one. Any information is helpful.

Thanks!

Lynda.com will be one of your best paid sites for learning. I have used them on occasion and found them to be very easy to follow. Here is another cheaper alternative from the Mac App Store called: Learn—Final Cut Pro X 10.1 Edition Training.

Comment

Dc2006ster

macrumors regular
Jun 9, 2011
Alberta, Canada
There are many YouTube videos and websites but if you want a complete package, Lynda, Ripple or Larry Jordan offer complete training packages.

Comment

n8mac

macrumors 6502
Jun 25, 2006
Ohio
I watch videos on YouTube called "MacBreak Studio" under the channel "Pixel Corps". They have some good tips.

Comment

Ifti

macrumors 68020
Dec 14, 2010
UK
To get started, try Izzy's: http://www.izzyvideo.com/final-cut-pro-x-tutorial/
Free, and nicely watchable in 3-5 minute segments.
But I have to ask - why not start with iMovie? Almost everything you do in iMovie maps over to FCP, and in some cases iMovie works better/easier (scrolling titles).
I also used Izzy Videos to get started - after using iMovie for ages - so I echo the above comment...

Comment