Final Cut Pro Tutorials?

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by dskyles, Sep 15, 2015.

1. dskyles macrumors newbie

Hey all!

I recently started helping my company with their social media. After talking to a few people, they recommended that I learn video editing to help generate better content on FB and Instagram. A friend gave me Final Cut Pro (v10.1.3) and I've messed around with it a bit, but I'd like to learn a lot more. Are there any good sites/tutorials out there someone had good luck with? I'm not opposed to paying a little bit of money for a good one. Any information is helpful.

Thanks!

2. firedept macrumors 603

firedept

Lynda.com will be one of your best paid sites for learning. I have used them on occasion and found them to be very easy to follow. Here is another cheaper alternative from the Mac App Store called: Learn—Final Cut Pro X 10.1 Edition Training.

3. coldsweat macrumors 6502

coldsweat

Hmm - 'gave' you Final Cut Pro X eh?

Anyway I used Ripple Training tutorials when I first got FCPX a few years ago. They cost a bit, but were good & easy to follow.

4. pinholestars macrumors member

pinholestars

I like http://www.fcp.co. They do have FCPX and Motion tutorials, but it's mostly FCP news. Also they have links for plugins and the like.

5. Dc2006ster macrumors regular

There are many YouTube videos and websites but if you want a complete package, Lynda, Ripple or Larry Jordan offer complete training packages.

6. Dc2006ster macrumors regular

I had forgotten about this site. Thanks for the reminder, I went there and saw what could be a useful tip about getting animated travel maps into FCPX

7. n8mac macrumors 6502

I watch videos on YouTube called "MacBreak Studio" under the channel "Pixel Corps". They have some good tips.

8. dskyles thread starter macrumors newbie

9. kohlson macrumors 6502a

To get started, try Izzy's: http://www.izzyvideo.com/final-cut-pro-x-tutorial/
    Free, and nicely watchable in 3-5 minute segments.
    But I have to ask - why not start with iMovie? Almost everything you do in iMovie maps over to FCP, and in some cases iMovie works better/easier (scrolling titles).

10. Ifti macrumors 68000

I also used Izzy Videos to get started - after using iMovie for ages - so I echo the above comment...