Final Cut Pro X -- does it have "tooltips"?

Fishrrman

macrumors P6
Original poster
Feb 20, 2009
Hello all -

'Way back with the original Final Cut Pro (not the X version) there was an option to "show tooltips" -- that is, when the mouse hovered over an icon in the interface, a small "popup text" would be revealed revealing [in plain English] what the tool icon did.

Experimenting with Final Cut Pro X, I cannot discover if these "tooltips" exist any more -- or if they do exist, how to set things up so they're revealed in the interface.

Can it be done?

kohlson

macrumors 68000
Apr 23, 2010
Certainly at the top level, tooltips work in 10.3.4. I believe they've always worked, at least for me.

joema2

macrumors 68000
Sep 3, 2013
Hello all -

'Way back with the original Final Cut Pro (not the X version) there was an option to "show tooltips" -- that is, when the mouse hovered over an icon in the interface, a small "popup text" would be revealed revealing [in plain English] what the tool icon did.

Experimenting with Final Cut Pro X, I cannot discover if these "tooltips" exist any more -- or if they do exist, how to set things up so they're revealed in the interface...
In FCPX 10.3.x, tooltips exist and I think they are on by default. I've never seen a case where they don't work.