Final Cut Pro X Exporting Question

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by Russu, May 22, 2013.

1. Russu macrumors newbie

Hi everyone. I'm quite new to Final Cut Pro X and I have a small query to solve.
    I have a few projects in FCP and I would like to export them to a HDD for editing on another computer. Is it possible that I export the project without transcoding it?

Thanks

2. floh macrumors 6502

You can just move and/or copy whole Events and Projects within FCPX directly.

Just make sure that the "Event Library" on the left is shown (if not, you can press Cmd+Shift+1). There you will see all hard drives (internal and external) that are currently connected to your computer. And, in a Finder-like manner, the Events and Projects are listed on the hard drives. Just drag and drop the Project to another hard drive to copy it, or hold down Cmd to move it. You will be asked if the Event containing all the data should be moved along with the project.

It's as simple as that. :) Hope that helps.

3. Ifti macrumors 68000

I vouch for this. I do it all the time to move finished projects from my scratch disc on the MBP (where I do my editing) to my Drobo 5D, connected to my Mac Mini Server, for archiving.