Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

horace528

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 14, 2011
Recently, my FCPX application has been acting really slowly. Whenever I try to start a new project or a event, it would just put me up with the bouncing beach ball of death, and would take a very long time before it even responds.
Also, even after all this madness, it's not over. FCPX would never allow me to actually even start editing. It won't even let me drag a clip in the timeline.
I really don't know what's wrong. I tried reinstalling, and even just restarting the computer, but nothing has resolved the problem yet. FCPX had always worked with me in the past, but suddenly, it's like this.
Anybody knows like a solution or at least anything that would help out? I really need to start a new project, and fast, but this is really getting me into now... :mad:

horace528

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 14, 2011
I already tried this, but it really still does not work.
Any other thoughts? :confused:

br3nt

macrumors regular
Jul 1, 2012
have you done the usual? Repair permission in disk utility and maybe SMC reset? :eek:

horace528

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 14, 2011
have you done the usual? Repair permission in disk utility and maybe SMC reset? :eek:

I tried the disk repair option, and it's the same.
Better try that SMC reset. Also, I'm thinking that it could also hold some corrupt video files, so planning to fix them soon.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.