Final Cut Pro X On Lion

Discussion in 'Mac OS X Lion (10.7)' started by Maiden24, Jul 25, 2011.

1. Maiden24 macrumors newbie

I got final cut pro x when it came out and i was running it on snow leopard and noticed it was really slow. After i installed lion, it has been acting the same if not worse. I have the macbook pro 17inch mid 2010 model. 2.66 ghz intel core i7, 4 gb of ram, nvidia geforce gt 330m 512mb, and a 500 gb hd. I have 153.19 gb left. I don't understand why it is working ilke this. I run it by it self and it still freezes with the pinwheel appearing constantly.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks

2. gentlefury macrumors 68030

It might just be a power hog....it ran wonderfully on my Mac Pro before and after Lion install.

3. Maiden24 thread starter macrumors newbie

how do i go about fixing that, ill check the activity monitor and see what it's doing, as for taking it from there, i have no idea what to do

thanks

4. gentlefury macrumors 68030

Minimum
    System
    Requirements

* Mac computer with an Intel Core 2 Duo processor or better
    * 2GB of RAM (4GB of RAM recommended)
    * OpenCL-capable graphics card or
    Intel HD Graphics 3000 or later
    * 256MB of VRAM

* Display with 1280-by-768 resolution or higher
    * Mac OS X v10.6.7 or later
    * ProKit 7.0 or later
    * 2.4GB of disk space

You exceed the minimum requirements...so im not sure whats up....You could go into the recovery HD by restarting and holding cmd+r whlie it restarts and go into disk utility and repair permissions and check the disk for errors.

5. Maiden24 thread starter macrumors newbie

yea i had looked at the system requirements a couple of minutes ago and i knew that i exceeded it. very odd, this is what i have going on in my activity monitor.

Attached Files:

6. ranjitb macrumors member

This is on SL, I used to use iMovie with 4 GB RAM and it used to run butter smooth on my computer but recently started using FCP X and immediately saw that 4 GB was not enough it used to use swap (Virtual memory) big time...... Now I have moved to 8 GB RAM and is a lot bit better it still does use Virtual memory at times but with 4GB it was painful, planning to move to 16 GB RAM soon.

See this video to determine if you need more RAM try checking it after you have used you computer normally after several hours http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iiw397iCv8o

Also in general I feel FCP X is buggy at times..... I am sure there will be a software update patch for the same pretty soon.