Final Cut Pro X on the MacBook Pro, how is it?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Blackberryroid, Aug 17, 2012.

1. Blackberryroid macrumors 6502a

Blackberryroid

13 Inch users, how's Final Cut Pro X? Is it doing well? Is it in a not-irritating speed of render? It should be. It's branded as a Pro computer, it must be performing well at these kinds of professional tasks.

What about you, 15 Inch users? Is it heavenly? I'm sure it is.

I'm on a 2009 MacBook Pro, even my Air does FCP X faster than it. Yes, a consumer notebook that is many times thinner and lighter just became 3.5x more powerful than a Pro computer that is more than twice thicker.

So, 13-Inchers and 15-Inchers, how is your FCP X performance?

2. Ifti macrumors 68000

Although I tend to use iMovie most of the time for my needs, Ive used FCPX a couple of times for small projects and it runs perfectly fine on my system. Completely happy with its performance.

Had a 2010 2.66GHz C2D before my current system, which it also ran fine on, although obviously longer render times etc, but more then useable.

3. pbmagnet4 macrumors regular

My 13" i5 with SanDisk 240gb SSD and 8gb Kingston HyperX RAM, runs FCPX and Aperture at the same time with no problems, rendering off an external 500gb USB3 GoFlex. Smooooth Sailing

4. MacBookProzak macrumors regular

The MBP that you see in my signature along with a Seagate 750GB Momentus XT hybrid drive totally powers everything I do video editing wise with FCPX. I cut shows to shorts and this machine is bullet proof. All the video is ran off a Lacie Thunderbolt drive and I view my editing on an external monitor.

You can read through this thread I started when I got the new 2012 MBP-non retina -2 days after it came out and you will learn how hard I push this machine.
    http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1386040

I had a 2011 with the same specs in my signature line and it performed great, yet with the 2012 I am getting a bit more out of this machine, as well as I gained a USB 3.0 port.

I edit 10+ hours everyday on this machine and can handle anything I throw at it.

Hope my experience with this machine can help you with your decision.