Final Cut Pro X Stopwatch/timer

schpongo

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 21, 2011
Hey guys i'm kinda new to Final Cut pro X and i have a video in which in need to add a timer/stopwatch but i have no idea how i would add one all kinds of help would be greatly appreciated.

Thx
Daniel. K from Germany

Last edited:

shyam09

macrumors 68020
Oct 31, 2010
i can't be 100% sure as i found this on a website, but here it is:
X has a generate time code function built in.
(in the Generators area under Elements)

Pop it over black (or anything you like) then crop, range and export it as a separate element you can re- use to your hearts content.
if it doesn't work, then just google it ;)

schpongo

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 21, 2011
Thx i found it it did but the timer start at the beginning of the video and then goes on and on it doesn't start at the point i would like it to start/

Last edited:

slackpacker

macrumors 6502a
Hey guys i'm kinda new to Final Cut pro X and i have a video in which in need to add a timer/stopwatch but i have no idea how i would add one all kinds of help would be greatly appreciated.

Thx
Daniel. K from Germany
For $50 you can purchase Motion ... which is really a necessary part of FCPX. In Motion 5 there are Generators for Numbers, Time & Date and TimeCode. You can even use motion to make the effect for FCPX. Almost all the Effects included in FCPX originate and are made with Motion 5.

schpongo

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 21, 2011
I have Motion 5. So if i understood you correctly i can make the stopwatch effect in motion?

schpongo

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 21, 2011
Hmm i not quiet sure how to approach this problem. I have no idea how to use Motion 5