Final Cut Pro X - version-itis

Discussion in 'OS X Mavericks (10.9)' started by imageek, Nov 9, 2015.

1. imageek macrumors newbie

OK - I was forced to move to a new version of OSX when I got a 2nd MBP.
    It (of course) has a different version of FCPX.
    The project files are NOT COMPATIBLE (welcome to Microsoft product behavior).
    I built my project on the older version of OSX/FCPX and later used the newer machine to perform more edits.

Now, I have a project I cannot edit on my most powerful machine (the Older OSX).

I tried the 'export to XML' and got nothing worth using (assets/media were all lost).

So, now I see I have the following options:
    1) Recreate the whole project on the more powerful machine
    2) Recreate the whole project on the more powerful machine (yep - I wrote it again)
    3) Curse Apple for behaving like Microsoft and lacking compatibility between minor application versions
    4) ?

BTW: Since these machines are not managed by me and IT lacks confidence in OSX after 10.9, then; downgrading to the newer version is not an option.

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance

2. vista980622 macrumors 6502

Export to XML (1.4), then copy source media files over to the other machine. After importing XML, choose File - Relink Media to proper link media files.

3. imageek thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks... I may try this if I make this mistake again. The fact that it is more than "export to old version" as proper tools do is abominable and so 1980's