Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

PaRaGoNViCtiM

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 18, 2005
PA
Hello everyone, I'm very new to Final Cut Pro so bare with me. I'm using Final Cut Pro 5. I'm trying make a video out of dvd clips. I got the clip to play and everything is cool with that, but the sound that goes with the clip is not there? How do I get the original sound?

Heb1228

macrumors 68020
Feb 3, 2004
Virginia Beach, VA
You're probably going to have to extract the audio with a tool like bbDemux or Handbrake or ffMpeg. DVDs use different format sounds, it sounds like you have one thats using AC3 and you just need to convert it to aiff or wav.

The streams will be separate and you'll have to join them again in FCP. Thats one way to do it anyway, there are a few ways to do stuff like that.

Lacero

macrumors 604
Jan 20, 2005
You have to convert it to 48Khz AIFF Stereo. The audio will come in as Dolby AC-3, which you can convert to AIFF using programs such as mAC3dec or Mpegstreamclip.

PaRaGoNViCtiM

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 18, 2005
PA
These are clips that I downloaded from the web. I didn't import them from a DVD. Does that make a difference? Do I still do what you guys have said?

xsedrinam

macrumors 601
Oct 21, 2004
PaRaGoNViCtiM said:
These are clips that I downloaded from the web. I didn't import them from a DVD. Does that make a difference? Do I still do what you guys have said?

Ya, regardless of the source, you'll have to find a way to extract and convert the audio file. Audio Hijack might work for you, depending again on the type file(s) you have.
X

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.