Final Cut Server - What happened?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by diri, Sep 4, 2007.

1. diri macrumors newbie

Announced in April and slated for a "Summer Release" yet the end has come and still no word.

The page up on the Apple site (http://www.apple.com/finalcutserver/) hasn't been updated since it was shown side by side with Final Cut Studio 2, and it still hasn't appeared in the store.

Anyone know anything? I have serached but the seems to have been no updates/rumors about either it's release or delay, or even a report of it since April 15th.

Cheers
    Owen

2. Cromulent macrumors 603

Cromulent

Perhaps they are waiting for Leopard Server to be released for the Mac version and don't want to release the Windows or Linux version first. This is just a guess.

3. harleysean macrumors newbie

I've been waiting for FCServer all summer. I wish I had an idea of when it's comming out but it seems like it dropped off. I need it desperately! My other option is to spend huge amounts of money on a system that I'm not too hip on. I'm running out of time.:mad:
    If anyone has any concrete info please post it!

4. diri thread starter macrumors newbie

Leopard Server point makes sense.

I don't know if anyone took notice but the site was updated soon after the Leopard release that Final Cut Sever will now be out early 2008.

Sucks..

5. MacsRgr8 macrumors 604

MacsRgr8

Wow.... that's a long delay! :(

6. ecosutra macrumors newbie

Final Cut Server

I am out here in Hollywood, I think that the reason we are not seeing FCS is because of political reasons. This is a tool for social networking. Publishers will be able to have power again and force motion picture music supervisors to seek great social networks. Artists from publishing agencies can use FCS as a publishing tool. FCS will empower musicians, editors and engineers.

I want FCS!!!!!

7. jfull15 macrumors 6502

Windows or Linux? There is no version of Mac OS X or Final Cut for Windows or Linux..... and like diri said, that point makes no sense.